- Family Catechesis Sacramental Prep 20172018 Grade 2
- 20172018 Religious Education Calendar for Grades 1 and 3 to 6
- St Alphonsus Confirmation Sacramental Preparation Schedule Year 1 Grade 7 20172018
- St Alphonsus Confirmation Sacramental Preparation Schedule Year 2 Grade 8
- Parent Agreement Attendance and Absenteeism Policy
The purpose of religious education is to make a person’s faith “become living, conscious and active through the light of instruction.” (The Bishop’s Office in the Church, 14) We want our children to learn their Catholic faith, enabling them to tangibly live out their faith in their everyday lives.
The curriculum embraces the four pillars of the Catechism of the Catholic Church: Creed, Liturgy and Sacraments, Moral Life, and Prayer, and is shared through a faithful presentation of the Church’s teachings, traditions, and the Sacred Scriptures, with opportunities for participation in the communal, sacramental and liturgical life of the Church.
- PROCEDURE FOR CONFESSION FOR CHILDREN (PDF)
In Baptism, a person becomes a Christian and receives grace and life from the Holy Spirit. In Confirmation, the baptismal vows are renewed and the sealing of the Spirit serves as a preparation for a mature Christian life.
Baptism Request Form (PDF)
Confirmation is a sacrament in which those who have been baptized receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit, Whom the Lord sent upon His apostles at Pentecost. It is a sacrament that celebrates God’s special strengths and gifts in those who have been baptized. The Church stresses the connections between the three sacraments of initiation – Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Eucharist.